Water in TZ Touch Screen

A

Anonymous

Hello,
We have 2 drops of water in the upper right of our screen under the glass. Any ideas for what to do? Can the drops be accessed for removal> Is this cosmetic or is it likely to damage the screen more?
Thank you,
Gail

It would have to be evaluated but it might not be water. It could be air between the glass and the LCD. It important that the mounding surface is flat and there is not any bowing of the glass. If forced to conform to a non-flat surface this can result in pressure pulling the glass away from the LCD allowing air to enter the bonding material. Sometime it can caused by the mix of the bonding material. It is really hard to say especially without having it in my hands. The good news is that is what warrantees are made of and Furuno is really good about resolving issues like this regardless of cause during the two year warrantee. I would recommend you send the unit to the service center for evaluation/repair. If the timing isn't good for you, I would recommend you call with your serial number and have them enter the concern on the record. This is always helpful if you think the unit might go over warrantee before you can get it sent in.

it all worked out well in the end. thanks for great service.

Back