what is clutter and how does it work?

Mexican Gulf

Hi Guys, I would like to delve deeper into the theory of some aspects of the fish finder. The furuno TZT 3 gives us the possibility to adjust the cuttler. I would like to know what it is for and how it works. Thank you

Interference rejection is for blocking interference from other nearby sounders when the clutter filter is designed to filter out water clutter. Radar interference rejection and clutter filter work in the same way. For example if you don't want to see the return from high gain thermal clines in the water, the clutter filter would be good to filter that out of the water column.

Given that I am passionate about fish finders, I care very little about fishing. I have an unbridled passion for these instruments. I noticed that the fish finder always had problems with the shades of light blue in the color scale. Surely the laboratory technicians tried to work on the software to solve this aspect... but in the end they chose the simplest path, hiding the light blue. In fact, if I understand correctly, the clutter is used to remove the light blue shades that are detected. For anglers looking for targets, even with weak signals, I think of squid or small fish with undeveloped bone structure and a small swim bladder... or a fish swimming in the marginal zone of the radiation of a transducer... as a result we will have a serious loss in terms of information. It simply cleans out unwanted colors in the histogram. Those unwanted colors are not there for decoration or anything. They have their reasons for existing, because they are a reality with an acoustic identity. It is a function that does not change the gain at all. It hides what the gain shows you. Delete what you don't want to see. Perhaps work needed to be done on the software, it is clear that this problem was identifiable in the critical reworking of the latter with the return of a terrible graphic image. Please, I need all this to understand better, if I say inaccuracies in my reasoning help me to learn.

if you're going after big fish chasing a school, you could adjust the clutter to show only the bigger fish.

if youre going after specific bottom structure or bigger fish holding bottom over a big school of say, beeliners, you could adjust the clutter to show only the bottom.

that is two ways you could use clutter.

Back