WASSP DRX-32 tx RJ-45's no discharging first

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkychuck

I'm installing a WASSP DRX-32 /F3 /WSP-603-200-30/(sn: 100075000844)

I am a master marine electrician and only proficient with marine electronics. This is my first WASSP install. Before I had a chance to read the manual, we plugged in the RJ45 receiver cables without discharging them first in the "X/TX" port (I read about this in a previous version of the DRX installation manual and it might not be an issue, but it worries me nonetheless.) I'm aware that this can render a IP67 rated DRX inoperable. We have an IP53 rated DRX model though, so I was wondering if discharging the receiver cables prior to plugging them in is as important on the IP53 version as it is on the IP67 version. I have read the manual several times and it appears not to be an issue with the version I am installing, but I would like to be sure. Thank you very much for your time.

sparkychuck,

Using the WASSP Ceramic Discharge Module or using the X/TX Port on the DRX, you should discharge the Transducer’s Receive Channels prior to any connection to the DRX (for either the IP67 or the IP53 versions).

It's recommended that this be done every time that the DRX is connected to the transducer, and this will discharge and "ground out" any potential residual static voltage that may be present in the transducer’s receive ceramics.

This procedure should be done 10 minutes prior to connecting cables to the DRX.

- Deep Blue

WASSP is a commercial product not supported by this forum at this time. For questions on this product please contact the official support of your local Furuno Distributor directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back