Vx2 software update

H

Hyndsight

Navnet vx2 rdp 149 sn 4326 5783, 1.07 software. I followed online instructions on unzipping the 4.03 download and copying it to an sd card, but when I plug the card into the machine and power up nothing happens. (I can hear the machine whirring but no audible beeps or images on screen). Any ideas?

Yes, it sounds like you are using an SD card that is too large. You MUST have an SD card that is 2GB or less for the Vx2.

Thanks Johnny. I grabbed a 32 at walmart cause thats all they had...
If I can find one ill try that.

If you can't find any small SD cards, you can buy them from your dealer. Furuno carries them because we knew they were getting harder to find.

I tried to update a VX2 BB (RPU015) with a 64MB sdcard. Nothing happend! Is this card too small? Should I use a larger one?

I want to convert the unit from navionics to C-Map.
Program number at the moment: 195002504.01

pieterrv-
See the posts above. The SD card is too large not too small.

Thnx Melville!
I am on board now.
Does not update till now.
Do I use right update?
Have both tested fat16 and fat32 sd cards.

A 64 MB (not GB) should work as long as you have the correct program. Maybe the formatting of the card is bad. I would recommend reformatting it with the Panasonic SD card formatting program before putting the software on it.

I am using "NNVX2 Black Box C-Map Software ver 4.03.zip"
Should this be the right software update on this furuno chartplotter?

It is een combination with radar.

Did you get conversion software from your dealer or tech support? Conversion software is not posted publicly because it can be a problem if used incorrectly. It doesn't sound like you have the correct software.

I don't think so!
Only have this software.

Can you provide me that conversion software?
I am an IT engineer, so must be possible to deal with this software!

Many thanks in advance.

Software is provided via your Furuno Distributor. Please contact your local distributor. If that is Furuno USA, contact support at 360-834-9300 or 410-479-4420.

Back