Vx1 won’t send gps data to vx2

Tommy D

Hey guys hope somebody can help me. Long story short I got a used GD 1710c Unit. My old one still works however I had a display issue. I have a VX one on my tower and the GPS antenna connects to that. I have a VX two at the downstairs helm and the only thing that connects to that is the NEMA cable to go to my auto pilot. I have a ETR transducer and everything connects to a Netgear ethernet hub. I also have a radar that connects to the VX2. When I connect to your new unit upstairs I get the sound or however I do not get the radar. The GPS is working as well upstairs. When I go downstairs the sound of works along with the radar however I do not get any GPS information. When I connect my old unit it works fine however I have no display upstairs LOL. I went through the installation manual in the menu however I don’t understand most of the Settings. I hope this is something stupid and could be fixed quickly. Please help

Hi Tommy D,

I would recommend you calling into our Little Marine Tech support line for this. It is a lot to explain over the forum but if you can get to your boat and give us a call, we can walk you through the process of adjusting your settings on your newer display.

You will have to leave a message but we will get back to you quickly.

You can also reach our tech support at the following numbers:
Camas, WA - (360) 834-9300 - 8:00am - 5:00pm PST Monday-Friday
Denton, MD - (410) 479-4420 - 8:00am - 5:00pm EST Monday-Friday

Back