Navnet VX2 AIS Integration

joelfh

I have (1) Navnet VX2 GD-1920C 10" display with the GPS antenna ran directly to it and I have (1) Navnet VX2 7" Display with the 1834C radar connected directly to it.
They are connected to each other via a generic network hub. The 10" display is connected to my auto pilot and primary vhf via a splice box using the Nmea0183 connection. If I connect a new secondary VHF with AIS to the 7" display using the NMEA 0183 will it pick up the GPS coordinates from the 10" display?

If they radar is connected and working on a 7" Vx2, the model number is not correct (1834C). It would be a 17xx radar model depending on the dome connected. The 18xx and 19xx are 10" radars.

AIS can be wired to any Vx2 on the network and it will share when powered on. AIS data must be processed from data 2 of a 10" or data 1 of a 7" for it to work. AIS should only enter from one location.

If they radar is connected and working on a 7" Vx2, the model number is not correct (1834C). It would be a 17xx radar model depending on the dome connected. The 18xx and 19xx are 10" radars.

AIS can be wired to any Vx2 on the network and it will share when powered on. AIS data must be processed from data 2 of a 10" or data 1 of a 7" for it to work. AIS should only enter from one location.
Johnny,

You are correct the radar is a 1734C. Will the GPS data transmit from the 7 inch display via the NMEA 0183 connected to data 1 to the new secondary VHF? Do you have a part number for the correct cable to connect to the 7 inch display?

Your question isn't exactly clear. AIS doesn't get passed on by the Vx2 except to each other by Ethernet (automatically). If you put 0183 AIS into data 1 of a 7", it will pass to the other units on the network but it will NOT pass on to anything by 0183 output. The NavNet isn't the source of the data. If needed on the other radio, you would just wire it directly to the source AIS. The NavNet is not an AIS repeater.

To clarify if I add the new Standard Horizon GX6000E and connect it to the 7 inch display via port 1 will it show the GPS coordinates on the VHF screen? Attached is my current wiring .

Attachments

• Furuno Layout.pdf
    9.2 KB · Views: 2
Yes and no. If you are putting AIS into data 1 it becomes a data input port only for AIS and you can't output anything. If data one is free and you want to send GPS out to a radio, then sure but that same port can not be used for AIS.

Back