Version 8 install Heading and Radar disconnects

Jpirino

Today I did the update from v7 to v8. All seemed to go well but now my heading sensor PG500, and Radar (NXT) keep disconnecting ever few seconds. The Heading sensor is also used by another unit and never fails on that unit(Raymarine unit). None of this happened running v7. So 2 questions is it a v8 compatibility issue? Second where can i find the V7 updates on the furuno site so i can re-install that version? Any help would be appreciated…

You would have to contact Technical support if you want to re-install v7. I highly doubt it isn't related to the software update you have done. The PG500 is NMEA 0183 and the TZT2 has ZERO 0183 input so that part hasn't changed. I expect it has something to do with something placed near the compass or with the converter being used to take the 0183 over to NMEA 2000.

Thanks for the information. Nothing new on the boat, heading sensor (PG500) still works perfectly for the Raymarine unit. Also the Radar (NXT) keeps disconnecting. I will contact tech support. Also I would expect the converter is good since the other unit reads it off of the NMEA 2000 side….

Talked to tech support and worked out the issues…Heading sensor issue was caused by the data source somehow switch to the TZ2 instead on the 2k2 converter. What is strange is the heading did not have an issue until the last upgrade step when I restored my system settings…

The Radar issue was coincidental and was a little bit of corrosion where the main cable connects just under the dome. A little clean up and anit-Corrosion spray and all was good…

Josh in tech support was glad to hear the outcome when I called him back today…Furnuno tech support is great…

Back