USB Devices w/2 TZT2s

CDIVE

I have two TZT2 displays installed next to each other.

MFD #1 => USB => MCU-004 RCU
MFD #2 => USB => SDU001 (Micro SD Card Reader)

In this configuration I am able to control both displays with the MCU. However, the SD card reader is only visible to the display that it is physically connected to.

I am wondering if I can use a USB hub to share the SD card reader between both displays?

I have read flowmotion's 2017 post where a USB hub is used to share the MCU & SDU but this was done with a single display.

Thanks >> Joe

No, each SD reader is only for the one machine. Taking the two USB outputs (which both have source voltage coming out) would basically short them together. The USB bus output is not a common bus like Ethernet or NMEA 2000. The MCU004 has programming to allow it talk to other machines via the connected unit's Ethernet. The SD readers are not so sophisticated.

Thanks for the reply.

Access to the SD slot on the back of the two units is not difficult so the external reader is now for backups.

1. I assume that I can backup Routes & Waypoints from either of the TZT2s?

2. Are tracks shared as well? I noticed that deleting a track on one unit does not transfer the deletion to the other, unless it takes a while for the update to sync across the system.

3. I hear that there is a cloud backup feature forthcoming for routes and waypoints. Will this include TZT2 configs as well?

Thanks >> Joe

1. Way-points and routes are global (synced) between units, so the same set is in each and every unit on the network as long as they have recently been powered up together on the network.

2. Newer versions of TZT2 software do not have tracks as global. They are independent.

3. Who knows what the future brings but I believe you can back up and restore your points to the cloud now with current software. Have you tried it?

Still in shakedown mode and now in a marina with poor WiFi so I have not connected a TZT2 to the Internet yet. Working on a WiFi amplifier as we speak.

Running 06.23. This firmware supports cloud backup? My Maxsea software does not support this feature yet but I will play with it.

TX

I tested the cloud backup yesterday. It will allow you to store waypoints/routes and user settings currently. (and restore them)

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I suspect that I have to update to 6.26 which I will do in the next few days.

Then I will have to wait until I get my WiFi working.

Thanks >> Joe

Back