TZT9F internal GPS not working

DKHVA

I have just purchased a TZT9F and did a temp install to check it out and I could not get the GPS to capture any satellites even when I positioned it outside with clear view of sky. I was hoping it to use the internal gps but will i need an external GP330B? What am I missing?

Did you check in settings to confirm it's set to the internal GPS?

The internal GPS on my 19" displays didn't work well through the hard top so I had to add an external GPS receiver, but if you positioned it in clear view of sky, should have worked.

Yes I did and also called Furuno while I was testing. Perhaps there is an issue with the new unit.

Could be an issue or the internal GPS wasn't picked as the GPS Source in the data source list of the setup. I would setup outside, then pick it as your primary source in the setup, then look at the SAT status screen to see what is being picked up.

The TZT19 won't get GPS because it doesn't have that as a feature. 1698930540407.png

Duh, my mistake. That problem I had was on a different boat and a different manufacturer's inferior MFD :cool:. Center console with a soft top, was really surprised I needed to add external GPS.

I have 2x TZT3-12, One old backup GPS-33 and one new SCX 21. Plenty of positions transmitted. And very easy to mix up which one you actually display. And, alas, for a while I thought the new SCX 21 did not work because one instrument was configured to display the old GPS-33.

I think best idea is to just power up the TZT (nothing else) so there can be no confusion. And verify there is no old data source configured.

Could be an issue or the internal GPS wasn't picked as the GPS Source in the data source list of the setup. I would setup outside, then pick it as your primary source in the setup, then look at the SAT status screen to see what is being picked up.

The TZT19 won't get GPS because it doesn't have that as a feature. View attachment 4887
Thanks I’ll give it another try this weekend and see what happens.

Back