TZT3 compatible with B175HW

mikek

Furuno Fan
I just read the manual for the TZT3 and I’m a little confused about how to connect a B175HW. The B175HW comes with a 10 pin Furuno connector and the TZT3 comes with a 10 pin to 12 pin adapter. But the manual mentions needing the matching box. So is the B175HW plug and play with the 10 to 12 pin adapter or does it need the matching box?

Link to manual

https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... manual.pdf

Good question and I am very happy to have the gloves off to discuss TZT3. It is a great product. It would be plug and play with the adapter (which is provided in the box by the way). No matching box would be needed for that.

Thanks for the reply! So a b175HW that is used for the GP1971f can plug into the TZT3 with the adapter? I’m hoping it’s that easy.

Yes, it will. The new TZT3 is very flexible. It can use normal 10 pin CW transducers or 10 pin single freq CHIRP transducers with the provided adapter. We are working on some other simple adapters, like allowing you to connect two single freq chirp or single freq CW transducers with a simple Y cable or breakout box. Because it can do CW, Chirp, and is tune-able there are very few transducer options that won't work with it. If you can't tell, I am really excited about this product. The TZT2 is very easy to use but the TZT3 has stepped that up a notch with some impressive hardware and software changes. I wish I could be at the show. In my place, if you want to talk hard tech; ask for John at the booth. I am sure he will thank me later. :D

How will the TZT3 handle dual band transducers such as the Airmar B265C-LH ..etc.

And as far as radar....will it plug and play with a DRS4D radar?.....what about power?

I am very excited about these new units.

Thanks,

Gil

Furuno will be announcing some new transducers soon like a version of the B265LH that has a 12 pin connection on it. There are also plans in the works for a Y cable to support two single freq CHIRP transducers. Detailed information will be released to dealers once these items and others are available. I am also very excited about these new units. The product development on these was some of the best I have seen.

DRS4D (48v) would require the PSU017 power supply or other suitable source of power. The DRS4D-NXT (12/24v) would be direct to boat power.

Johnny Electron":2h218qie said:
DRS4D (48v) would require the PSU017 power supply or other suitable source of power. The DRS4D-NXT (12/24v) would be direct to boat power.

thank you....that is what I was thinking.

I got the TZT3 installed and hooked up to a B175HW. The sounder display shows it in 200hz, not chirp. Is there a setting I need to change to put it into chirp? The transducer is identified as the B175HW. Attached is a pic of the sounder screen. Thanks.

Attachments

• 4690BB20-055D-4602-8950-7F820825AA35.jpeg
    4690BB20-055D-4602-8950-7F820825AA35.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 1,163
  • C9BE659E-2916-43A6-9F90-ADC3FBFDFE5F.jpeg
    C9BE659E-2916-43A6-9F90-ADC3FBFDFE5F.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 1,163
Hey MikeK,

When using the internal Chirp FF of the TZT3, the setup is very minimal. Are you just making sure the setup is correct?

I believe the 200 kHz just lets you know that is your center frequency.

Yea, I have used other brand units and it would specify “chirp” where it says 200khz on this one. It could be that it is actually firing the transducer in chirp frequencies and the unit is just saying 200khz instead of “chirp”.

On a separate note, I guess there is no numerical temperature display in the sounder screen; just the graph with line? It was this way in the TZT2. Thanks.

mikek":3p0qhqvb said:
Yea, I have used other brand units and it would specify “chirp” where it says 200khz on this one. It could be that it is actually firing the transducer in chirp frequencies and the unit is just saying 200khz instead of “chirp”.

With obvious reasons with a CHIRP transducers, you are going to CHIRP.

But I have passed this feedback onto our Product Development team.

Hi Guys, I'm a new user here and looking for a little help.
I just bought 4 TZT3 units for my new flybridge setup. 2x19", 1x16" and 1x12". basically stuffed as much screen real estate on the dash as would fit. The whole setup included the new Radar, 3D Mutibeam and a CH500. I bought a B275LHW as part of the system to hook directly into one of the TZT3's for the Chirp. The boat is new to me but has an existing B265LH installed (circa 2018). This was used on a 2018 Simrad NSS12/Multibeam box that I removed. The wiring of both the B256LH and the B275LHW look identical with ten total wires counting the grounds and all the same colors. The dealer who supplied me with the equipment also sent a FRU-CCB12-MJ-01 12 pin to 10 pin adapter and a 10 pin connector pigtail Airmar PN 33-333. This pigtail only has 9 total wires and a red and green wire that is not on the B265LH or the B275LHW cables.
My first question is the B265LH a reasonable substitute for the B275LHW asides from some frequency and therefore beam spread differences on the TZT3 units?
And lastly, did the dealer mess up with the 33-333 pigtail they supplied? If so, does anybody know the correct pigtail PN? If not I'm losing my mind trying to figure it out. Thanks :)

Back