TZT2 transducer

rockfshr

Furuno Super Fan
Snips I currently have two transducers on my boat that I can use for my TZT2. I have a B164 that I used with my old NN1 and I recently installed a P66. It seems that the cheaper P66 works better than the B164 but neither one seems to work well .. I would like you to recommend a transducer that will work best for the following conditions. Most used Gulf of Mexico. Anywhere from 20’ to 200’. Some use in Chesapeake Bay and offshore waters off coast of Maryland. My boat is a 26’ Regulator without the factory pocket for a B260. I’m willing to go with a new transducer and one of the black boxes if you recommend to include chirp. I would like something that would fit in the holes or locations I currently have. A large transducer with fairing block is out of question. What would you recommend?

Thank you!

Brashears,
A sounders performance starts a with a good transducer in a good location. If you can't fit a B-260, then look at fitting the TM-260 as low as possible on the transom. It will be a step above over what you are currently using. However it is still a transom transducer and will be prone to turbulence at certain speeds.

Snips

Snips, thank you for the response! Based on your response I’m am assuming that in your opinion the best transducer set up for me would be the B260 mounted thru the hull?

Brashears,
You are correct, a B-260 that is mounted on the center line is the best recommendation.

Snips

Attachments

• 100_0918.JPG
    100_0918.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 1,615
  • 100_1282.JPG
    100_1282.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,615
Snips I am unable to get anyone in my area to put a pocket in the bottom of my boat so that option does not exist for me at this time. Since my boat has a bracket mounted to the transom I have very little room for a transom mount in fact I barely got the P66 to fit. So what are your thoughts on the 264n pair? I can put one in the existing hole theB164 is in. Would these transducers perform better than what I have or should I say is the 2K cost to purchase and install be worth it? If so can I program the TZT2 set up using the B260 selection and get the enhanced Rezboost and bottom discrimination? If this is a cost effective option I may be only to buy one now,would the 200 hz be the best choice?

Thank you
Wayne

Brashears,
The 264's use the same elements as the B-260 but they are split into two housing. Will they perform better, yes if you can get a smooth flow of water over them. However if you are seeing gaps in the 50Khz side of the B-164 it will most likely happen with the 264 also.

Snips

Snips thank you for reply. Will I be able to get enhanced Rezboost and bottom descrimation with the 264s? Will performance be worth the cost? If I can only get one now would the 200Khz be my best choice based on my needs?

Regards
Wayne

Brashears,
Sorry the 264's are not in the TZT2 database for either function. You can use the 264's for the regular sounder functions and it will give "something" for the BD mode if you program it for a B-260. How accurate it will be is going to be a question mark however.

Snips

Back