TZT2 BB new installation

Nick

Furuno Super Fan
Hello,

We are replacing the NN3D BB system with the new NN TZT2 BB. The radar is the new DRS6AX instead of the old DRS6A. The keyboard is MCU005. Instead of the old 12" NN3D MFD, we installed NNTZT3 12" on the flybridge. In the NMEA2000 we connected the new SC33. Is it necessary to connect NNTZT3 to the same N2K backbone or just network? An internal fishfinder from TZT2BB will be used. Also, we would like to use the FA50 already installed. Is it enough to connect it to the network or is it necessary to inject AIS data into N2K via IF-NMEA2K2?

Thanks,
Nick

Is it necessary to connect NNTZT3 to the same N2K backbone or just network?

Unlike the NN3D; all MFDs should be connected to both the Furuno Ethernet and the NMEA 2000 bus.

Also, we would like to use the FA50 already installed. Is it enough to connect it to the network or is it necessary to inject AIS data into N2K via IF-NMEA2K2?

Just connecting to the network as it was will work perfectly.

Thank You. I connected FA50 to the ethernet switch (Moxa). Not working. What about direct connection to processor?

You can connect to the processor or hub but for the other MFDs to see the AIS that one processor must be "On" for the other MFDs to get the information. It sounds like a bad hub, cable or something. Make sure you have a HUB and not a Router.

Yes. Thank You. It is hub, but I will try with another cable. It was connected via network and with 0183 interface also.

I ask because I can't connect this camera to the Navnet TZTouch2 BB. Unbelivable. We have video and control via PC. IP video streaming works, JCU control works. Nothing is clear to me, I don't know what else needs to be done to make this work, so I ask if this camera is compatible with this Navnet at all, please.

After IP scan Navnet reports problem of "decoding video stream or camera connecting".

Thanks
Nick

No, it is not yet compatible with TZT2. It has just became compatible via IP video for TZT3.

Unofficially, I have seen the M364C work with TZT2 but you MUST use the correct COMPOSITE video out from the camera and steer it via network when configured. 100% it won't work video by IP from the M300 at all. (as you found) Those that have done it via composite seem happy but it isn't official. Officially the M300 series is not supported at all for TZT2 (only M200 and M400 - via composite and network steering).

Now that the M300 is officially supported and working well with TZT3, it "Should" come to TZT2 in the next major software release, planned for late summer. (aka..V8)

Back