tz2 and 711c autopilot alarm issue

jcjp

Furuno Fan
Have a TZT 2 and a 711 c AP both on a nema 2000 backbone. Super happy they work great. When I arrive on my fishing spot I power down the autopilot. After a few minutes I get an alarm on the TZT 2 alerting me that my autopilot is disconnected. Any way to disable this?

Thanks

That warning is because the tzt2 lost contact with the AP over the network. The same would happen, for instance, if you power down the radar. You could go into network connections and refresh the list, but that's a bunch of menus to access. Why not just leave the AP control head on?

My 711c is on from when I leave the dock to when I return.

Bayhouse is correct. If you really want to shut down the pilot, you can acknowledge the alarm by tapping it at the top of the screen. To have it completely go away you can go under the sensor list of the TZT and do a "reset" at the top right. (Refresh would be a better word) It will then remove the pilot processor from the sensor list and stop complaining that it is no longer being seen. It pulls very little power when not being used so as Bayhouse recommends, leaving it on is normally better unless it is going to be many hours that you won't need it.

Yes I know if I leave it on there is no alarm. The question is why would I want to leave it on for 6/8 hours while drift fishing? So I guess there is no easy way to disable the alarm. I known I can turn off the audible part but not the flashing banner part.

It takes like two seconds to refresh the sensor list after the pilot has been turned off. If you do that the banner will go away. Did you try that and find different?

Back