Tune furuno 1712 radar,

A

Anonymous

I got the above mentioned radar and I have recently changed the magnetron since I thought that's the problem for my radar that it didn't show targets faar away, the thing is thatwhenmy radar start sweep the first sweep show distant targets and then on the second sweep and the rest they are all gone, I heard it could be my auto tune that's theproblem and that I could try tune it manually or adjusttheauto tune. But I find nowhere to enter those settings and info abortion to do it? I'm voyaging and are soon to set off across the Indian Ocean, I appreciate any suggestion and ideas :)
Thanks/Conny d

The 1712 is roughly 13 to 15 years old. You might consider having the unit serviced by a qualified dealer or service center before heading out. If you don't have a manual it can be found at the following link.
http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... -11-05.pdf
It appears that you can not manually tune this radar. You can manually adjust the gain/rain and sea clutter/FTC. You might try these settings in manual but most likely there is a problem with the Mic (Tuning device) or the auto tuning circuits in the display unit. Due to the age, you might consider a newer radar or having the unit fully evaluated.

Thank u Johnny, is there someway to faultsearch it myself? Have no possibility have it checked or replaced at the moment. If not working I just have to live without it for a while. :)

Due to liabilities and high voltages inside the units, we don't talk customers through internal troubleshooting. If you are located in areas with little support; it is even more reason to consider a new system. 15 year old units tend to need at least some maintenance.

Back