Transducer Suggestions

Dougp

Hello,

I have a 6.5 metre fishing boat (planing hull with 20deg deadrise). I mainly bottom fish in depths 10 to 100 metres. I'm looking for advice on what the best transducer combination would be to suite my needs.

Current state:
TZT2 15"
FCV585 with B164
Currently installing DFF3D with B54

Going forward...
I'm about to purchase a TZT3 12'" and SCX-20 sensor and remove the FCV585. I would like to utilise the CHIRP sounder in the TZT3, so I will need a transducer for that. Would there be any benefit in also utilising the sounder in the TZT2 as well? Do I replace the B164 with a SS175?

Thanks in advance.

Dougp,
I would favor just using the TZT3. Now you will have some choices to make on transducers. If you really want to pin point targets on the bottom I would look at using a SS175H which has the narrowest beam angle. The would lean towards a SS175L for the LF side.

Snips

Thanks Snips. I also noticed that the SS175 is not on the chirp transducer list for TZT3 on the product web page,

Dougp,
Sorry for the delay. Currently we are not able to run a pair of 175's with TZT3 V1, V2 will allow pairs of 175's. We will have a "Y" pigtail that the transducers will plug into.

Snips

Hi Snips,

Just for clarity, when you refer to V1 and V2, are you referring to software or the the TZT3 unit itself?

Dougp,
The current version (V1) doesn't support using two single frequency transducers. V2 which is coming later this will. V2 with a "Y" cable will allow connection to a pair of 175's.

Snips

Hi Snips,

Sorry mate, are you saying V2 of the TZT3? Does that mean I would need to buy a new TZT3 (V2) down the track if I want to use the pigtail option?

Is it normal for Furuno to have 2 versions of the same unit.

Sorry for my confusion.

Cheers,
Doug

Dougp,
V1 is the first version of software that TZT3 was released with.

Snips

Back