Transducer mounting

When keel mounting a thru hull transducer like a b25lh what is the max deadrise it can be mounted on?
I had a seacraft 23 that I had the installer mount a B265LH thru hull flush with the bottom of the boat and glassed in from the inside with no fairing block and it marked beautifully coupled with a DFF1-UHD and tzt-14 but I see everyone saying thru hulls like that need to be mounted with a fairing block. Is there a reason for that? And also I know my circumstance worked out but I'm having another boat built and I'm leaning on doing the combo 165T/265LH-PM488 for the DFF3D and UHD1. Can this transducer be mounted the same way thru hull with the face of it on the water and glassed in on the inside? The dead rise of the hull is roughly the same as the seacraft but it is in front of steps in the hull so mounting it forward of the steps is a must to prevent a bad reading. I have bunch more questions about my setup but this was the first thing on my list I had questions about.
Thanks

Tailin Stange,

By flush-mounting (or pocket-mounting) the transducer it will minimize the surface gap between the transducer and hull, So it can allow for a much smoother water flow over the surface at higher speeds. And as a result, it can offer lower acoustic noise (hydrodynamic noise, flow noise), provide less drag or resistance, and of course lower the risk of an accidental collision with a submerged object, compared to a transducer that is mounted below the hull in a fairing block.

The 165T/265LH-PM488 is our Pocket Mounted Transducer with both elements for the DFF3D/DFF1-UHD, that requires a glassed-in pocket mount application. There is no fairing block that can used for this transducer. :noway

Hope this information helps..?
-Deep Blue

Do you have picture of the combination transducer mounted on a boat? is there a limit to what deadrise it can be mounted on? I believe this will work for my application the only problem is its going on a cat hull and has to be mounted forward of the steps but not hang down too much to interfere with the performance of the hull. Just need to do some trailer modifications to allow the transducer to not get messed up while the boat is resting on the bunks.

Tailin Stange,

Here is a photo of a flush-mounted (or pocket-mounting) 265LH-PM488 transducer

265lh-pm488.jpg

-Deep Blue

Back