South Pacific Charts for TZT XL

Cooksail

I am thinking about upgrading my old TZT MFDs to TZT XL, but I cruise extensively in Fiji and currently TZ MAPS for iBoat is not an available for Fiji. Do I understand correctly that the same chart availability applies to both iBoat and TZT XL?

You can look at TZ iBoat for TZ Maps availability, you are correct. While TZ Maps are not currently available in that area, they are constantly working to fill in missing regions. You can use the current MM3 maps that you are used to with you existing system with the new TZTXL until TZ Maps become available if you need to upgrade your hardware now.

Thanks for the information. So far I see little detailed information on the TZT XLs and could not confirm that my existing MM3 charts would work on the new devices. I am looking at the TZT 10X for my outside helm station and either the TZT 13X or TZT 16X for my inside helm station - neither are available yet. My timing is to purchase something in 3Q24, so I have a few months to decide what will replace my first generation TZT devices.

The first gen TZT will not mix on the same network as TZT3 or XL. MM3 charting will still run on XL in addition to the new TZ Maps charting.

I have submitted your request to MapMedia to do more detailed work on charts in your area. On TZtouchXL, you can run MM3 charts with additional HR Bathy data, which will give you more contour lines than what you currently see. So, there are some improvements there, but hopefully MapMedia can make additional improvements in the TZ MAPS in your area.
1711057878046.png

Back