i have the following setup

TZT12F
TZT9F
SCX-20
BBWX4

the TZT9F and TZT12F are connected via a netgear router as recommended

The TZT12F is connected to my NMEA2000 network

The SCX-20 is connected to the NMEA2000 network obviously

The 12 seems to read everything fine, no errors, no issues, no nothing..

The 9 is consistently giving me heading errors, position errors, the red bar across the top and the beeping. What is going on?

Should the 9 be connected to the NMEA network also? Is connected via ethernet not good enough? The 9 DOES see everything on the NMEA network when i go into settings and look at the sensor list or whatever it's called...

Should the 9 be connected to the NMEA network also? Is connected via ethernet not good enough?

Hi Mattology,
Thanks for defending us at the hull truth. We are not allowed to post there. Your comments were much appreciated. Yes, the TZT9F should be connected by both Ethernet and the shared 2000 bus. Hopefully once on the the 2000 bus with your other units, your problem should resolve. Please also verify both units are running the same software version. If purchased diffrent times, they could have a mix of 1.07, 1.08 or v2.01.

Johnny

Die you check that the 9 is using the „right“ source for Position and HDG? Perhaps ut switches between some internsl GPS Source and the SCX-20?

Hello, thought i would close the loop on this

1) Both units were upgrade to V2.01 software on the same day by me a few weeks ago
2) I checked that the TZT9F was in fact selecting the SCX-20
3) As soon as I plugged in an NMEA drop cable from the TZT9F to my NMEA2000 backbone and re-booted, all of the errors were immediately gone, so hopefully that fixed it!

Thanks everyone

Back