Software V6.21 World Base Charts, Data, Photos

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I see that the V6.21 update must include world base charts, 3D data and satellite photos. Are all these files required to remain on the unit? I've always deleted all unnecessary data from my TZT2 and TZT to reduce the system overhead. Similarly, I'd like to do the same with the V6.21 update. Once a complete V6.21 install is completed, can I then go through and delete all the data (charts, 3D and photos) that I'll never use?

Or, if there are data files that must remain, does the software account for this and not allow them to be deleted?

Thank you.

The USB (part 2) includes needed files and sounder update. These files are required and should not be removed. Doing so will not have positive results. Optional charts/demos are on the chart card at the back of the machine, those can be customized as needed.

OK, thanks Johnny, I'll not mess with any of the Part 2 data.

Edited to add that I saw the following comments in the other post about the update:

" Missing were the instructions for doing a hard reset of the mfd. You may want to publish that here or somewhere. It involves restarting the unit, pressing power on for 5 sec release then press again for 5 sec repeatedly until you get to the reset screen."

"Let me add to this. The only way to get instructions on the "Serviceman" procedure is to watch a YouTube video."

Isn't instruction No. 4 on the bottom of Page 6 of the V6.21 installation instructions the serviceman procedure? I can see why you locked the thread. You guys are always fabulous in the area of technical support.

MarMax

Yes, I am aware of the comments. Japan changed the update process to make it simpler at the last minute. The instructions and video both included the extra "hold the power button" steps originally. Following the published process worked regardless so we didn't want to keep holding up the software. Many of you were biting at the bit. The written instructions were edited almost immediately to remove the unnecessary step. The video took us 24 hours to cut out that part and re-post. Although the optional factory reset was fully covered in the video, we did need a document about how to factory clear a TZT2 for everyone to reference for a variety of reasons. That document was created and posted this morning. It is called "Factory Reset Procedures". Next time we will hold the software release a little longer to ensure we have everything picture perfect. Just like with anything new, if you are the first to try it, you might encounter something that wasn't caught. We listen and try our best. Thanks for the positive comments.

Just to clarify:
1) is the factory reset of the MFD required after the sw is installed or not?
2) the written instructions have a power hold sequence (step 4) to do chart installations, does this do the factory reset as well?
3) if not, the written instructions still refer to a MFD reset, that procedure is now well documented in the software update section of the Furuno USA web site
4) note: the Furuno web site still has no information on v6.21 (https://www.furuno.com/en/support/uploader/)

I agree tech support is doing a fine job, thank you. I just found some of the comments in this thread confusing and wanted to clarify the situation.

I was one of those doing the update as soon as it was available. The instructions were flawless with the exception of having to dig for the MFD factory reset procedure (which is now readily available, thank you again).

1) is the factory reset of the MFD required after the sw is installed or not?

The sounder reset is a requirement or you will have problems with the machine. That should be done as described. Fully resetting the machine at the end has shown to be good practice and generally recommend by Furuno USA but not a required step.

note: the Furuno web site still has no information on v6.21 (https://www.furuno.com/en/support/uploader/)

Furuno.com is an English site controlled by Furuno Japan not Furuno USA. They tend to lag on the posting of software because they have to ensure the entire distributor network has been given the time to released the software. Furuno USA is normally one of the first distributors to distribute software/units but not always. For those inside the Furuno USA sales and service area; you should be using our website at http://www.FurunoUSA.com .

Back