Rdp-149

Blair Hatt43c

Hello all and Mr Electron (moderator), I am new to the forum. I have assembled a system of the RDP-149 and a 1954c 6ft 12kw OA (RSB0072-60) from lightly used equipment. I also have the GPS 320BB connected and it appears to be functional. I have followed the Furuno manuals for install and operating. System functions but… The RDP had a different radar unit attached prior to my purchase. Need help in getting to the initial setup menu. Section 3 of the manual starts with an initial setup but doesn’t guide how to get there (for those secondary application). Is there a way to “flash” the memory on the RDP-149? Also, any general guidance on this system and basic maintenance or things to watch for? Thank you!

With the display off, hold the menu button and the press the power button. Continue to hold the menu button until the menu appears.
The Installation Wizard will guide you through quite nicely. Installation Mode lets you do what you want without the Wizard guiding you along.
As for guidance and maintenance, these are still pretty solid systems. There is a lot of good information right here in this forum.

With the display off, hold the menu button and the press the power button. Continue to hold the menu button until the menu appears.
The Installation Wizard will guide you through quite nicely. Installation Mode lets you do what you want without the Wizard guiding you along.
As for guidance and maintenance, these are still pretty solid systems. There is a lot of good information right here in this forum.
@Fish Tech, thank you!!! I really appreciate the guidance and prompt reply. I was surfing the forum recently and I am sure this is going to be very helpful for me as I get used to the new equipment.

@Fish Tech, that sequence worked, but interesting dilemma is once at that menu, if I select either Wizard or Install mode and follow on-screen directions (use next key) then the machine goes into normal startup… doesn’t go into setup. A message flashes on screen, but so fast cannot read it.

Any further suggestions? I am going to keep trying, maybe disconnect all cables? Thank you.

All, this has been very helpful and I was able to get the proper configurations for the new array and have it functioning with the RDP-149. Do you, or anyone on here, have any suggestions for a technician or experienced user in the Tampa FL area that would be willing to work for a fee to help me with final tuning and some “training” on effective operation? I am using the manuals and some of my intuition but it seems that I need more help to remove what appears to be signal noise or spurious objects. Thank you for all the support here, I wouldn’t be operational without this help.

Greetings, fantastic job on setting up your VX2 (RDP-149). There are Furuno fans all over the great United States, and I'm sure you'll find them as you continue to use your Furuno. Furuno USA has an extensive local authorized dealer network that we rely upon as our presence in any particular area. I would encourage you to explore our Dealer Finder on the Furuno USA website, perhaps you may find a dealer or authorized reseller nearby that can provide you excellent assistance. Thank you again for being a Furuno fan.

- Maggy

Ms Magnetron and Mr Electron,
Hi and thank you again for prior guidance. I am now considering a “new” autopilot system that would communicate well with my RDP-149 navnet VX2. I have my eyes on the Navpilot300… do I need the PG model or just 300 and will it integrate well? I am aware I need the Hyd pump and will be sure to size that accordingly with my prior Robertson RPU100. I think the Octopus 1.6L model is a potential fit.

My main question is how well will the 300 communicate information.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!
-Brian

The Vx2 is NMEA 0183 only and the NP300 is 2000 only. You will need an IF-NMEA2k2 (0183 to 2000) converter to bridge the standards. You must have a source of heading to run a pilot. It doesn't have to be the PG700 compass but you need something. If you already have a GOOD source of heading on the boat, then you should be able to use that. Depending on the source you might need another converter. I normally recommend the best source (SCX20) if you don't have anything planned or installed already.

Hi All, also new to the forum. I have a RDP-149 plotter with Navnet vx2 network. My Navionics card is not working. I had it to our local agents in Cape Town and could not load new Navionics due to the limitations of the card reader. I bought 2x new SD cards, 1meg, Navionics V 1.22 from supplier who had old stock. Insert new cards and again no maps. How can i test the card reader to pin the fault area. Regards - K

Thread hijacking isn't normally something recommended. What is the full software version inside the machine that you are trying them in?

Hi All, also new to the forum. I have a RDP-149 plotter with Navnet vx2 network. My Navionics card is not working. I had it to our local agents in Cape Town and could not load new Navionics due to the limitations of the card reader. I bought 2x new SD cards, 1meg, Navionics V 1.22 from supplier who had old stock. Insert new cards and again no maps. How can i test the card reader to pin the fault area. Regards - K

Attachments

• IMG-20240316-WA0054.jpg
    IMG-20240316-WA0054.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240316-WA0055.jpg
    IMG-20240316-WA0055.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20240316-WA0053.jpg
    IMG-20240316-WA0053.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240316-WA0048.jpg
    IMG-20240316-WA0048.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 7
Your unit has v3.01 software for Navionics. I would recommend you start by updating the software to the newest version 4.01.

Reading what is shown on the cards, these appear to be XL9 charts or previously known as GOLD+. I have heard of people having success running XL9 when using only one chart card and using newest software. (Vx2 can share charts over the network to like programmed displays automatically) Older software only understood XL3 Gold charts. Don't put more than one card in the system after upgrading and hopefully it all comes together for you.

Back