Position Data for RDP-131

GeorgReuter

We have an RDP-131 radar / plotter display and would like to get GPS position data in. We have an MDF-12 display right next to the RDP-131 which is connected to a GP330B antenna. Is there a way to transfer GPS position data from the MDF-12 to the RDP-131? If that won’t work we also have a GP-33 GPS with NMEA183 port and a GP-1870 with an internal GPS antenna. Can either of these units put out GPS position data over NMEA-183 to feed into the RDP-131?

Many thanks in advance.

G

Yes, you can wire the NMEA 0183 output from one of your MFD12 ports over into the 0183 input port of the RDP-131. In the MFD12 setup wizard you will turn on the desired 0183 sentences by using checkmarks in the OUTPUT section of that port. (Don't turn ON more than six sentences at 4800 baud). The Lat/Lon sentence like GGA and GLL should send the needed GPS data over to the radar plotter.

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful reply.

A few more questions:

1) What data out port should I use on the MFD-12 and

2) Which of the four data ports (Network, Data 1, 2 or 3) would I plug into on the RDP-131?

3) What cable should I use to make this connection? I have several 6 and 7 pin Furuno pigtail cables (plugs only on one end) as well as the (18 pin?) MFD-12 cable. Can I splice these together to make the connection and if so what colours do I connect?

Thanks again!

Georg

1A: Whichever you have free (data1 (7 pin), 2, or 3 (using wires of included 18 pin multi)
2A: Normally GPS is provided to data 1 on the Yellow (+) and Green (-) input wires of the used NMEA data cable.
3A: For the RDP131, data 1 is a 7 pin and normally pn 000-154-028 is used

Back