New radar not working

Jrspawn

I have a rdp149 that was originally setup to work with an open array radar. I purchased a used rsb0071 to switch over to the dome setup. Well, I hooked it up and changed the radar type to the 2nd option(1834) and it does not show any detections on the radar screen. I have verified the radar is actually spinning, but again it does not detect anything. I have hooked the radar to another rdp149 I have and it seems to work fine on that unit. Any ideas? Thank you for the help!

The only numbers I saw on the inside was E3571 and 0560779. This unit has the round plug and I hooked it up directly to the rdp149.

If you don't have the RTR number (which is normally part FCCID number on the serial plate of the scanner) it would be best to open up the scanner and get the IF amp board number to ensure it is the right RTR type for a 10.4". When buying used people will sometimes give a 7" type radar with the wrong cable. Don't assume anything. The 7" radars are linear and the 10.4" units are logrimith and you can't mix them.

These are the numbers on the serial plate. Rsb-0071. R1499825

The odd thing is, when plugged into a different rdp149, it works perfect. Not sure if there’s a setting I need to change or I’ve missed.

Thank you

Well if it works well on another RDP149, then it sounds like a setup setting or a problem with the display. Have you verified that the Radar source name matches the Host name?

Well, I ended up figuring it out... come to find out it was a splice in the harness that wasn’t the greatest. Thank you for the help!

Back