NAVPILOT-300 with pump (new boat build)

Hogfather

Hi all, building a new 27’ center console (twin outboards) and trying to get the steering side setup. I was originally going to use a hydraulic Uflex system. Then I thought about using their power steering system. Last night I came across the navpilot 300 with a pump, and thought I read that it would also serve as a power assisted steering system. If I’m right, I was going to go Uflex hydraulic and add the navpilot 300 with pump to make the steering easier and have autopilot as a plus. Am I on the right page?

Hogfather,
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes; you are on the right page, but be aware that the power assist requires an OPTIONAL module that attaches to the HRP pumpset.
Here 's a linkhttps://www.furunousa.com/en/support/FPS8

So what is needed is;
1-NavPilot 300/PG (which includes PG700 heading sensor) or the NavPilot 300 (w/o NMEA2000 heading sensor if one is already installed elsewhere on the vessel)
2- PUMPHRPxx-xx (specific pumpset is determined by Uflex steering ram specifications & vdc voltage available onboard the vessel)
3- FPS8 module
4- Hydraulic hoses and fittings (hose length dependent on vessel particulars)

Thanks Flatline! I was looking into the complete kit (MFG# NAVPILOT 300/PG-M) and using the Uflex silversteer twin UC128 rams.

Received my navpilot 300 and just realized that I have the octopus pump and not the hrp pump. I had planned on using the fps8 to simplify the steering while adding power assist. Are they discontinuing the hrp line? Is this octopus pump compatible with power steering in case I go uflex power steering?

Yes, the FPS8 is done for. Never fear, a new Safe Helm/Power assist replacement is coming and it also supports the Octopus pumps. Keep what you have and in a few months you will be really happy you did.

So Johnny....you’re saying hold off on any power steering for a bit and just go straight hydraulic steering for the time being?

Back