NavPilot 300 pump size?

cltamt

Question for the Furuno AP guru's;

I'm installing a NavPilot 300 on my 1994 Albemarle 247 Express with a Volvo DP and I need to order the correct pump size.

I called tech support today and gave them the Volvo part number of the actuator (852741) and was told you guys need the fluid displacement.

So I turned the steering wheel hard over lock-to-lock and the fully extended chromed area showing was right at 6.5 inches. The piston diameter was 17mm.

Is that enough information for you to determine which pump I need, or do I need to completely remove the actuator and physically measure the fluid displacement?

One more thing, do I need to order the Pg700 sensor, or will my TZTouch2 12 work?

That is a power steering actuator and not a typical steering cyl. Is this an inboard/outboard boat? What size?

The heart of any autopilot is the heading and the hydraulics. You MUST have a source of heading. If you don't have one, then the PG700 is one of the best flux gate sources. An autopilot will only be as good as the heading you feed it. Do you have a source of heading? If so what is it?

Johnny Electron":nwcxqwp4 said:
That is a power steering actuator and not a typical steering cyl. Is this an inboard/outboard boat? What size?

The heart of any autopilot is the heading and the hydraulics. You MUST have a source of heading. If you don't have one, then the PG700 is one of the best flux gate sources. An autopilot will only be as good as the heading you feed it. Do you have a source of heading? If so what is it?

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for responding. The boat is a 1994 Albemarle 247 express with a VolvoPenta 570A/290PD. Would the NP300 not pick up the heading information from the TZT2? I don't have a problem buying the PG700 if it's needed, but I'd rather spend that money elsewhere if it's not needed because I'm in the process of re-powering the boat. Besides TZT2, I'm also installing a DRS4d radome.

After spending countless hours on the internet, and the phone, trying to get information on a Volvo part that is obsolete, and won't work with the NP300, I've decided to replace the whole system with a SeaStar system. I guess now is as good a time as any!

By the way - :furuno

The internal GPS (if getting a clear signal) will provide GPS information not heading. COG (Course over ground) from a GPS is not heading. Heading will come from a flux gate compass, gyro, or sat compass. You will need a good source of heading from someplace for the pilot to function.

Is this an inboard/outboard boat?

Back