Navnet VX2 and 1944C radar

G

gap4040

I have a GD-1920C Navnet VX2 that I use primarily for radar. The screen lights up at start, then goes black. It's still running, but not visible. The display is not bad, but once it gets through the navnet loading screen it goes dark. It was working fine until someone flipped power to all electronics inadvertently.

If I have to replace, what are the options on a display that will work with my radar? I think a 1944 C with a RSB-0070 4kw open array. Anything more current that will work with that radar antenna?

You can use a new 1945 radar display for the radar scanner if you wanted.
It sounds like the brilliance is turned down. After letting it fully boot, hit the knob once, then the power button (brill) one time quickly and turn the knob to the right to see if the screen comes up. Better to do this at night in case someone also left it in Night Mode so you can see the settings to put it back to Day mode.

I was hopeful that would solve, but it did not. The only screen I can get to come up past the two start up screens is by holding the MENU button on startup I can get to an screen that asks about startup in install mode, normal mode etc. On that one screen the scroll wheel works, it beeps on keystrokes, but as soon as I choose any option, the screen is dark. Once it goes dark, no keystroke sounds, nothing works except holding down power. I tried power/clear, Ive read a reset of sorts, at the same time but it just shut off.

Sounds like an internal problem in the unit. I would recommend sending it in for repair evaluation. If you don't care about any of the points/settings you could always try a factory clear by holding the "CLEAR" button during the power up process until it starts up. That would put everything back into default settings and put it into Day mode.

This worked! Back in the game.... Thanks so much! :furuno

Back