NavNet TZT312F connected to Yamaha Helm Master EX Level 4

Just Enough

Can a TZT312F be connected to the Yamaha Helm Master EX Level 4 Autopilot, allowing waypoint data to be transmitted to the AP? The engine data is being transmitted via the installed Yamaha gateway, I also have the Yamaha HDMI I/F connected using a HDMI/VGA converter to the VGA plug, it appears up as a Camera, although the resolution is limited. Does the Yamaha AP receive the waypoint data from the TZT312F via the HDMI or via the NMEA network? Both the Yamaha network and the Furuno network have their own GPS/heading sensors, trying to understand which one is in control of what? Yamaha heading and position are not on the NMEA network. I'm guessing the Furuno gives position?

TZT3 has no problems talking to the Yamaha pilot and sending waypoint data. The Furuno will provide steering instructions as long as the PGNs are turned on. If the TZT3 is 16" or 19" the HDMI input can be used from the EX system but really isn't needed at this point because the Furuno has dedicated Yamaha Engine screens built in that look exactly like what the HTML is providing.

Thanks, I'm seeing the same. Using the hdmi/vga converter is working, but with limited resolution and seems redundant to me also, but Yamaha said it was necessary, doesn't seem to be, but I can't enter in a waypoint (from the TZT3) and have the AP navigate to it. I just need the helm master to accept the PGN sentences, seems there is a disconnect. Which sentences should be input/output regarding the TZT3 to AP communication?

Same as any pilot needs. I agree HTML is not needed unless EX has changed where they show something different than they have been. I have seen many TZT2/3s running EX pilots.

129283 - CrossTrack
129284 - Navigation data
129285 - Navigation - Route and WP info

I haven't heard the term level 4 before. Hopefully that doesn't mean level 4 proprietary hardware change that has EX locked now. As Sparky says, those sentences must be ON from the NavNet PGN output. It is also typical to need to go to the pilot and choose a navigation "source" or it won't listen to the sentences.

Back