NavNet TZT14 - Looks like Liquid Crystal is melting?

sebateman

Hi Guys. It’s been a very hot summer here in southern Virginia and I store my boat inside a boat storage facility at the marina. I took off my cover this weekend and it looks like there is a liquid melting across the top and down the left side. It looks too thick to be water that might have somehow got into the unit. Is my LCD display melting? Anyone seen this before?

Ironically, my boat is for sale and the marina sales guy showed the boat and did a sea trial in the last month and left the battery switches turned on and so my batteries were flat dead when I went out to take the boat for a spin and that’s when I noticed the screen damage. Could it have overheated and stayed on until the batteries died?

Picture attached.

I’m in Norfolk, Va and need the number of an electronics company to come take a look.
Thanks.

It sounds like the unit got very hot in storage and LCD bonding is having an issue. If it is under warranty, I would get it into the repair center because they will normally repair about anything during the warranty period no questions asked. If past warranty, I would recommend contacting the repair center with photos to see if there is anything they can do. The younger the unit is, the more chance they will do something to help you out.

Back