Nav Net vx2 no transducer….

Shawnmonaco

Hi I have a Nav Net 2 that has never had a transducer. Do I need more than just the transducer to make the sounder portion operational?

Vx2 doesn't offer a built in sounder like TZT2 and TZT3. The only transducers they can run without a sounder is the NMEA 0183 smart sensors like the 235DST. They would only provide digital depth and temp not bottom viewing. If wanting a fish finder for the Vx2, you would be looking for the BBFF1, BBFF3, DFF1, DFF3, or BBDS1. The BBDS1 would not offer BD or Accufish features. It would like the same as a DFF1 on the Vx2 system. The transducer would depend on the fish finder you get. You will need both pieces to have an operational network fish finder.

If you get a DFF3, DFF1, or BBDS1 they will move forward later if you upgrade the system. The BBFF3 (ETR30N) and BBFF1 (ETR6/10N) will not.

Most common use would be the DFF1 or BBDS1 but if doing really deepwater fishing below 1200ft, then the DFF3 with more powerful or CHIRP transducers. How deep do you fish.

I would recommend a used DFF1 (ensure you update software) or a new BBDS1. The B260 is the best transducer match for either one of these two units.

Back