Nav Data in Status Bar Location?

Taniwani

Furuno Super Fan
On one of my two TZT2s a blue Nav Data display appeared in the place where normally the status bar is displayed, showing DTA,TTA,ETA and SOG but with no content except a SOG of 7kts, while the boat was still moored. See screenshot.

I cannot reproduce it, going through what I think the steps were before this bar showed up.
Steps were:
(1) Only one TZT2 on, Radar without power.
(2) Imported two routes via USB stick.
(3) Clicked on the start point of one route to see it.
(4) selected 'Start Nav' from the right side panel.
(Not sure the strange nav bar appeared at that point, I noticed it a bit later).
(5) powered up radar and second display.
(6) checked that route was shown active on second display and it was.
(7) noticed the unusual bar on the first display.
(8) the unusual bar disappeared when we reached the end of the route.

Whatever I tried, I cannot get this to reoccur.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6581.jpg
    IMG_6581.jpg
    798.7 KB · Views: 1,621
Are you running the newest software? (6.23 - because normally that bar drops when the route is activated). It sounds like a Glitch if you can't duplicate it.

Running 6.21 Johnny. Probably was just some glitch. Is this Nav Bar an actual feature, if so I can‘t find it in the manual and would not know how to turn it on?

The bar turns On when you lay a route. If you activate the route or hide the route, the bar goes away. I has been a feature from at least from v4 if not before.

Thanks! Now I see what you mean. I hadn't seen it before since I develop routes on MaxSea and then load them to the TZT2. I now also notice that the bar shows when I click the start point of a route. I used to start the route via Home->Lists->Routes, so it never showed.

However when clicking the start point to show the bar, it doesn't seem to go away when activating the route via start nav on the side bar, rather it turns to show '--' in all fields except SOG which continues to show the default 7kts. Also how do I 'deselect' a route after clicking its start point? I seem to be able to select another route, but not none any more?

If you Start Nav and wish to stop; just touch the active route line and select "Stop Nav". You could also click on a different route point and Start Nav and the current activation will switch to the new route you wanted to start navigation on. I don't have any problems with the bar going away or staying up with dashes.. you might want to try the current software 6.23.

Thanks Jonny, it's not a big issue, the bar is actually a very nice summary for the route. I'll try 6.23 and see if anything changes, maybe it helps with my other more serious problem with the odometer. I'll let you know what I see.

Just updated to 6.23. Behaviour didn't change. When starting nav, it turns to display dashes. Switching display to something else like radar and back to chart makes it go away. I'm fine with that. Thanks.

Back