Multiple TxDucers on DFF3

Moonzy1

Furuno Super Fan
I currently have a pair of MFD12 Navnet3D Plotters
My sounder is a DFF1UHD w a 1kw Traditional and 1kw Chirp

I want to upgrade Ducers to become better at locating wrecks.

So my thought was to upgrade one of my plotters to a TZ2 and add a DFF3 w a multi beam TxDucer. The b54

Questions are thus

1. Can I run all 3 ducers off of the TZ2 and DFF3 (one straight into the MFD 2 in the DFF3)

2.or, should I keep the DFF1 for my current Txducers and add the DFF3 for the Triple beam ducer?

Moonzy1,
Thank you for your inquiry.
In order to properly answer your questions I need to clarify;

"My sounder is a DFF1UHD w a 1kw Traditional and 1kw Chirp"
The DFF1-UHD black box echo sounder module is capable of 1kw dual band CHIRP. Are you stating that you have both a CHIRP transducer and 1kw "traditional" transducers somehow connected to this sounder module?

Secondly the "DFF3" is a 1,2, or 3kw "traditional" echo sounder module. However I'm guessing from the other info you provided you may actually mean the DFF3D multi-beam sounder module.

To answer the question;
You cannot connect the NavNet3D MFD12 on the same network as the TZT2. However it would be possible to connect the MFD12 to the DFF1-UHD & the 1kw CHIRP transducer and separately connect a the internal 1kw echo sounder in the TZT2 to a "traditional" 50/200khz transducer and the DFF3D multi-beam + a 165T-B54 transducer. The TZT2 can simultaneously display both its internal sounder and the external DFF3D multi-beam sounder module.

Thank you
I misspoke...yes I did mean the DFF3D

Ok so If I decided to upgrade both plotters to TZ2 12", Does the DFF1-UHD connect to TZ2?

Also, my radar is a DRS6A. Will this still be compatible w the TZ2 plotters?

Thanks so much

Moonzy1,
Thank you for your reply.
There are two options;
1- Continue to use one of your existing MFD12 to display the DRS6A radar and the DFF1-UHD sounder. Use one of the newer TZT2 to display the DFF3D and its own internal sounder. The TZT2 and the MFD12 cannot exist on the same Ethernet network.
2- Replace both of the existing MFD12 with TZT2. It is possible to display (2) sounders (internal + DFF1-UHD) and additionally the DFF3D multi-beam on both of the TZT2 simultaneously.

Yes; the DRS6A can be re-used on the TZT2 network. However you must ensure that the the software in the DRS6A has been updated to the latest v1.18.so as to be compatible with the TZT2. Our recommendation is to utilize the current NN3D MFD12 to facilitate this update to the DRS6A radar before removing any of the equipment by performing the v2.07 incremental update. This is the easiest method. Here is a link to the support/software page of the DRS6A https://www.furunousa.com/en/support/DRS6A

Flatline":18vn5lxy said:
Moonzy1,
Thank you for your reply.
There are two options;
1- Continue to use one of your existing MFD12 to display the DRS6A radar and the DFF1-UHD sounder. Use one of the newer TZT2 to display the DFF3D and its own internal sounder. The TZT2 and the MFD12 cannot exist on the same Ethernet network.
2- Replace both of the existing MFD12 with TZT2. It is possible to display (2) sounders (internal + DFF1-UHD) and additionally the DFF3D multi-beam on both of the TZT2 simultaneously.

Yes; the DRS6A can be re-used on the TZT2 network. However you must ensure that the the software in the DRS6A has been updated to the latest v1.18.so as to be compatible with the TZT2. Our recommendation is to utilize the current NN3D MFD12 to facilitate this update to the DRS6A radar before removing any of the equipment by performing the v2.07 incremental update. This is the easiest method. Here is a link to the support/software page of the DRS6A https://www.furunousa.com/en/support/DRS6A

I looked on my Navnet scene yesterday and it said it has version 2.11.

Does that mean I am ready to go for the TZ2 to work w the current DRSA6 Radar?
Or should I still proceed w the v2.07 Incremental update?

And can I use a Mac for the update vs PC. I dont own a PC

thank you

Back