MFDBB starts up then shuts down

Triana

Hi all, I hope you can help. We bought our boat, last year and all the Furuno system worked just fine. I now have a problem with the MFDBB shutting down after a few seconds. I make the breaker on the breaker panel and press the blue on/off button on the MCU-001 control pad. The MFDBB lights up and the fan starts to run, after a moment the MCU-001 beeps as it should but then after about another 10 seconds the MFDBB shuts down and the lights go out. The only way to try again is to turn the breaker off, then on, and press the button again. I managed to get it to stay on about 2 weeks ago and dare not switch it off. It ran fine for 2 weeks. Turned it off yesterday and now it won't start up again. Any ideas please? We are in Grand Bahama heading for Antigua. If it needs to go for service, where would be the best place to send it? We fly home to the UK in about 6 weeks and could take it with us if there is service in the UK?

When is the last time someone has cleaned the air filter on the side of the MFD? It sounds like it is either has got HOT or it is starving for current. If no one has changed the wiring, I would check the connections because there might be some corrosion or not enough current on that circuit.

Thanks Johnny, I will clean the filter and run an independent heavy gauge feed cable directly to the MFDBB and try booting up again.

Back