Beep codes

dugsmith98

Navnet 3D 12” with MFDBB, and hub 101. Second display at helm, and data from FA 150 AIS and GP 150. Couple of times over the last few weeks I would get an error on he display coming from the MFDBB acting as the master, and it was on a blue screen.always started with
”a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to protect your computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you’ve seen this error screen, restart your computer.
‘Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed…”

I would restart the computer and it would work fine for a day or two and it then happened again but different error message in Caps
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Then yesterday, I couldn’t get it to reboot and started to get error beep codes coming from the black box. Four longer and then four shorter beeps in pretty rapid succession.

From what I am seeing in other posts, I’m ready to disconnect all peripherals and do a factory reset on the install wizard screen, if I can get hat to come up next time. Any other thoughts or suggestions, since it feels like I might be at the end of life on this.

My guess is the MFDBB was getting overheated. When was the last time anyone cleaned the filter on the side of the unit? What type of MFDBB is it? (Kontron or Dux) While it could be a good excuse to upgrade to a newer series, the unit is most likely repairable at our Camas service center.

Thanks for the reply. Spoke with Clayton in the tech repair at FURUNO Camas. He also agreed that i should send it in. Mailed it in yesterday. As for cleaning the filter, certainly never did that. Didn't even know that was an option. But it would not start up at without beeping toward the end of this experience.

Heat doesn't tend to be your friend. I have seen a good filter cleaning (which should happen once a year) fix many MFDBBs when caught early. When the filter doesn't allow the unit to breathe it tends to get hotter an hotter which isn't good for the microchips and CPU. The service center will fix you up. Fingers-crossed.

Back