MFD12 Not Using Newly Unlocked Vector Chart

SailorBruce

I have been frutrated by the age of the chart information on my three MFD12s. I purchased an unlock code for MM3-FNA-022 from my local dealer, downloded the files and uploaded them to the master MFD12. The new chart shows as "Ok - Unlocked" in the data catalog. I presumed victory.....

When I go to the chart dispay, and select Chart-->Vector from the rotary menu, I only see the base map. No details on the chart whatsoever. My track from the previous week shows clearly. It is as if the MFD isn't looking at the new chart, even though it shows up in the catalog. Any ideas?

When you are on your plotter screen, push in the ROTO key knob and you should get a menu from the right hand side. Scroll down to charts > vector. Make sure it is selected to vector.

Check under menu - Charts - Vector tab - and see what database it is setup for. Ensure it says Jeppesen not NOAA, Navionics, or something else.

Update: Resolved.

Not sure exactly what the issue was, but I deleted everything in the data catalog--they were old anyway. Several times during the process, the MFD had a fatal error message that requred me to power-off/on the unit. Once everything was gone, I created a new SD card w/ all of the free raster & vector charts, as well as the paid vector chart. SUCCESS!

I have now removed & reloaded all three of my units and everything appears to be working.

Back