Marking "Current Position" on the GP1971F

ivansfo

Hello Furuno Community,

Just used my GP1971F for the first time on my boat. Coming from a GP1850F, the new screen and speed of the unit are amazing. I'm still learning how to use the new plotter but there are 2 things I can't figure out. Hoping if someone can offer some sugestions.

1) How do I add my "CURRENT POSITION" to a waypoint, point, or event? When I'm fishing or dropping a crab pot, I need to mark the current location. On my old GP1850F, I would hit the MOB button and a new way point is added. However the MOB function on the GP1971 does't appear work the same. The new MOB function looks to be really for Man Over Board tracking and does not add a way point to memory. I reviewed the operation manual and don't see a way to do this.

2) When the screen is zoomed in, navigation buoys are no longer displayed. To see navigation buoys on the chart, I have too zoom out quite a bit. When running in the dark, it's important for me to see the navigation channel which is marked by the buoys. Is there a setting where the navigation data is shown at any zoom levels?

Thanks.

1) If your two finger tap "gesture" is set for EVENT, then you can just two finger tap to drop a mark beneath the boat.

I just noticed I never answered the second question you had. Sorry about that. In regards to the C-map 4D charting, if you have your high resolution bathy turned ON, then the fishing bathy takes over at the lower ranges. So if not actively using the fishing bathy, turn off that "Value added data" to ensure the Navigation charts have priority at the lower ranges. This will keep the buoys from disappearing on you as you change scales.

Hi Johnny, Thank you for the follow-up on the zoom issue with seeing the navigation data. I'll look to turn off "Value Added data". I just updated my unit to firmware version 3 too so spending time understanding those changes.

Back