Mapping

Keta

The new mapping looks great but I also realize it's only as good as the data used. IE I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of inaccurate spots and/or spots that aren't shown. I've heard that about the Navionics mapping even though it looks good. The tzIboat app does show what looks like some multibeam data so maybe it'll be fairly accurate.
I'm wondering if using TZmaps on either the new mfd's or through TZNobeltech if one is using a dff3d or better yet a WASSP and the PBG module would you be able to overwrite the TZmaps or combine the data or will you have to operate on a completely separate file/page?

PBG is a file (layer) that can sit over the top of any of the normal mapping types including TZ Map (if running XL). When it comes strictly to bathyvision layer, it is a different layer than PBG and isn't edited by it. You can display depth shading bathy, PBG bathy, or Bathyvision but you can't see all three at one time.

For those who have Nobeltec Time Zero on their boat, is the new mapping in the XL similar to their recent updated bathy charts?

PBG is a file (layer) that can sit over the top of any of the normal mapping types including TZ Map (if running XL). When it comes strictly to bathyvision layer, it is a different layer than PBG and isn't edited by it. You can display depth shading bathy, PBG bathy, or Bathyvision but you can't see all three at one time.
The new bathyvision charts what is the data based off? Is it a vector chart with nicely colored contours or is it a completely different chart? I use Furuno electronics but with Navionics "relief shading" layer on a tablet just as a guide to find points of interest I find the Navionics Bathy charts very accurate to the actual topography under the boat I cant say the same for vector charts. Where does the Furuno bathy chart get its data from?

MapMedia is a mapping company with direct relationships with the individual hydrographic offices and other data vendors. They have no interest in telling the competitors where they can go play catch up with this new mapping technology. Bathyvision is entire different overlay of data with 5 selectible levels of extreme detail. It lays over existing Vector or Raster charts in the same way the PBG layer or Depth shading layer does. Users must make a choice between using PGB, BathyVision or Depth shading. The full operator's manual for the TZT22X and TZT24X have now been posted for those wanting to start learning some of the new advanced features.

MapMedia is a mapping company with direct relationships with the individual hydrographic offices and other data vendors. They have no interest in telling the competitors where they can go play catch up with this new mapping technology. Bathyvision is entire different overlay of data with 5 selectible levels of extreme detail. It lays over existing Vector or Raster charts in the same way the PBG layer or Depth shading layer does. Users must make a choice between using PGB, BathyVision or Depth shading. The full operator's manual for the TZT22X and TZT24X have now been posted for those wanting to start learning some of the new advanced features.
Dear @Sparky Wire when do you think we will see the new TZT16X on the shelves?

The 22s and 24s go out first. Back orders have been accepted for these larger XL units in advance. It is said that a bulletin is going out to dealers soon (this week I think) with details including when orders for the smaller units will be accepted. It isn't for me to provide information before dealers are informed. The demand is very high so I think it will be awhile before any are just sitting on shelves. When your dealer opens for orders on the 16", I would recommend getting it in.

Back