Last years of rdp 149

Locrasto

Hi, other then the backlight being led vs ccfl is there any other difference? I thinking of replacing my 7" with a newer 10.4".

thanks

John

That's a bit too broad of a question, but I'll do my best...A radar dome directly connected to the old 7" will not work with a 10.4" display. If you have a radar dome, it'll have to remain being connected to a 7" display or replaced with one that works with the 10.4". The 10.4" has an extra NMEA0183 port...Data2 is NMEA0183 in/out on 10.4" and Data2 on the 7" is for heading input only (like Data3 on 10.4"). That's basically it, other than the obvious larger size screen on the 10.4".

That's a bit too broad of a question, but I'll do my best...A radar dome directly connected to the old 7" will not work with a 10.4" display. If you have a radar dome, it'll have to remain being connected to a 7" display or replaced with one that works with the 10.4". The 10.4" has an extra NMEA0183 port...Data2 is NMEA0183 in/out on 10.4" and Data2 on the 7" is for heading input only (like Data3 on 10.4"). That's basically it, other than the obvious larger size screen on the 10.4".
I know that lol sorry I asked that question wrong. I ment the last years of the 10.4, other then the back lights was anything changed hardware wise.

No, not other than the display screen, software, and the processor board. The software and processor board so it would work with the new LED displays.

Back