Is the B285HW compatible with a GP1971F?

Trepang

Is the B285HW compatible with a GP1971F?

I do not see the B285HW listed on the Furuno Compatibility Matrix column for GP1971Fs but I do see other HW Chirp transducers listed.

It should work okay for HF Chirp, if you can wire it up properly to a 10 pin connection for the GP1971F. Because sometimes the temp sensor is different from other OEMs, I recommend you speak with Gemeco (Tech support for Airmar) to see if the temp sensor in the model you have will work for you. Although it is better to purchase transducers on the compatibility list, if you are adapting from something existing, this should work fine once wired up as long as it has good hull placement. If you are getting turbulence, there isn't a fix for that unless you relocate it.

Thanks, According to the listing on "The GPS Store", it comes with a 10-pin plug and they list it as compatible with the GP-1971F. I just thought it odd that it's not listed on Furuno's compatibility table nor does it list it on Airmars website.

https://www.thegpsstore.com/Furuno-B285 ... P5655.aspx

The GPS Store even lists a Furuno part number - FUXB285HW but I can't find that on Furuno's website.

Trepang,
FUXB285HW is not a FUSA part number.
However it may be a part number that the GPS store has giving the transducer.

Snips

Gotcha. Thanks.

My local electronics guys seems connived they are compatible since the matrix lists other High-Wide ducers as being compatible since the B285HW element is the same as other HW ducers that are listed.

I appreciate your help.

Trepang,
The transducer will work OK, it just doesn't have a Furuno part number.

Snips

Back