Interference

Upline

New to the forum, I recently bought a boat with two furuno tz touch units and I have a solid line at the top of the water column on the fish finder. Not sure if this can be removed but I’ve attached a photo. Also does anyone know who fixes furuno screens? Looks like mine have some delaminating. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
From the picture it looks like you are in 3.2ft of water with the transducer depth offset of 1ft. That at the top is normal showing what the depth offset you have dialed in and covering the normal transducer main bang/surface clutter. The sounder looks good unless you have other pictures out in deeper water where you are having some type of problem. What is pictured is good. The DisBonding of the screens is unsightly but won't affect operations. LCD screens for TZT series one are no longer available as the component shortages ended the production earlier than planned. For the cost of a replacement panel (around $2,000 + labor) you could replace the unit with new old stock if you wanted to. JNTaylor (Australia) has three brand new final production TZT14 units they are looking to clear at discount. You might PM @Muddman if interested. Otherwise you might consider upgrading the system to TZT3 or XL which is still current production. The radar and other items would work nicely in the newer series.

Thanks for the reply, the transducer offset is 0.0. If that matters. It’s not a big deal but it does bother me to look at. I’ve used furuno fish finders for years and have never had this issue. Thanks again for the help

There is more than one might think about offsets in the TZT series one. Maybe this document will help check your settings.

1711726996030.png

If not something related to your offset settings, then you likely have the ZERO LINE REJECTION (Ops manual page 7-17) turned on.
It hides the mainbang (aka transmission line).

1711727142380.png

Back