GP33 alarm trigger criteria

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
After spending lots of time on the phone with Furuno technical support (Thank you Lance and Clayton!) it’s been determined the alarm output on the GP33 only triggers for speed.

I use my GP33 for anchor watch as powering down the TZ stuff saves a lot of overnight amps. Sure would be nice to have all alarms especially anchor alarm trigger the external wires to allow for an alarm in the captains quarters.

I hear it used to work that way but was changed along the way....

Thanks for listening!

I will send the suggestion over to product development. I agree if they plan on keeping the GP33 in the product line-up it would be nice to have an external buzzer feature for the anchor alarm.

Was there any appetite or feedback from Japan on an ancor alarm in the GP33?

I see the new anchor watch feature of the TZ3, however being able to shut down the entire electronics suite and simply run the GP33 anchor alarm is a much lower power consumption option. I just need to be able to drive an external buzzer to be comfortable.

Thanks

Phil

We passed it to them but no word if they plan to implement or not. I would expect they will eventually add it if they plan to keep the product in the line-up. I never hold my breath until it arrives.

Back