Get Latest Wx

If it helps, attached is how I connect the boat to internet via a wireless hot spot. Maybe the TZT doesn't like all of the jumps but I have no problems getting out via PC, iPad, or iPhone with this setup. This is an older document I made up for friends so some of the links and part numbers may no longer be correct. View attachment Wireless Station for Boat.docx

Sheakx
You said you have "green check that I'm connected"; then you should be good. The next step is ensuring your weather is setup for NavCenter with selected item (types) turned on. Then go to the weather display (not plotter display) and turn the Roto-key and select UPDATE WEATHER. You must select the types of weather and update it or the normal weather finger items will remain grayed out. There were changes with V2 that helped with networking but shouldn't have changed anything in the way you have yours setup. If you have the green checkmark, it sounds like you are almost there.

Johnny,

I've done all that, that's why I don't understand why the selection to update weather is still greyed out?

- Green check that I'm connected to existing LAN - Yes
- Not connected for Server wireless - Yes
- Setup for Nav Center - Yes
- Selected Item Types turned on - Yes
- On Weather display - Yes

The finger to update weather is still greyed out...

I spent this weekend trying my best to get this to work. Reset all of the weather stuff and started from scratch, recreated LAN links. Turned on and off different weather options, etc. No luck. The only thing I can think of now is that the provider is using WPA2-PSK. Is it possible that the TZT is having an issue with this?

TZT V1 didn't like WPA2 but you should be fine with V2. Have you tried backing up your settings and points and factory clearing the unit? I would look into this deeper but time is limited and the V3 software will be out really soon which might change the entire issue.

I've finally figured out the problem. The setting: "Connect to the Internet" must be set to "When Necessary". It will not allow weather download if set to "At Startup" even if you have a green check connection.

Great find. I am sure it will help others. I haven't tried any setting other than "When Necessary" since it worked. I will have to play with the other selection options.

I'll have to give this a shot when I get to the boat tonight. Fingers crossed!

If this is the case then I'd say it's a rather nasty bug that deserves fixing. For a product of this stature this is a bit embarrassing IMO.

VINDICATION!!!!

sheakx's fix worked perfectly. Seems my Inet setup capabilities were just fine.

Thank-you so much.

FWIW I was able to reach the chart update server for the first time and it downloaded an update file but then returned back to the chart plotter screen. Not sure if it applied the updates. Will have to look in more detail this weekend.

Back