Furuno radar antenna RSB-0071

A

Anonymous

We have a problem with one of our ships furuno radar. There is an bearing pulse missing error on the display, the processor unit is a RPU-015 and the antenna is a RSB-007.I have checked the antenna for continuity and it is ok ,also the motor is also ok with the sensor coils also ok.
I was wondering could the circuit board on the antenna i.e. MD 9208 could be faulty, as it is seems to be responsible for the motor bearing signal.
I was wondering if you could shed some light on this please.

Based on your RSB0071 in combination with RPU-015, you have a NAVnet vx2 1834CBB(/NT) radar system. The full part number for the antenna is RSB0071-057.

The bearing pulse is generated within the motor assembly. The way to fix this problem is to order a new motor. Please check the motor for the model number to ensure that it is RM-9087A. If it is, the part number is 000-140-522. This will need to be purchased through an authorized Furuno USA dealer.

TheReaper":2v5p0g02 said:
Based on your RSB0071 in combination with RPU-015, you have a NAVnet vx2 1834CBB(/NT) radar system. The full part number for the antenna is RSB0071-057.

The bearing pulse is generated within the motor assembly. The way to fix this problem is to order a new motor. Please check the motor for the model number to ensure that it is RM-9087A. If it is, the part number is 000-140-522. This will need to be purchased through an authorized Furuno USA dealer.

Thanks for your time and reply,I measured the motor and the sensor coil is ok since its a center tap with three terminals and the resistance is ok.

Back