Furuno gps to Raymarine

kingfisher

I have a Furuno FCV 637 and need to connect it to my Raymarine autopilot. Its a Evoution AVC 100. I was told by Johnny Electron all I would need is a NMEA data converter and the Furuno IF-NMEA2K2 would work. I think I can figure out where the wires go but where does the other end go?

I assume you mean the FCV627. That is a stand-alone sounder. What sort of information do you want to send to an autopilot?

Melville":3bbk80th said:
I assume you mean the FCV627. That is a stand-alone sounder. What sort of information do you want to send to an autopilot?
i want the autopilot to navigate to way points saved on the 637.
Just to be certain I need to connect what wires from the IF-NMEA2K2 to the GPS wires?

The sounder is not going to provide navigational information to drive a pilot, that is what a plotter is for. The sounder can put out something called TLL (Target Lat/Lon) if it has position given to it. The TLL sentence won't mean anything to the Raymarine Pilot. You will need to send the TLL to something that can except it, like most plotters. I say "most" because I haven't seen Garmin accept TLL but most other company plotters do. (Check the manual of subject plotter for what NMEA it will accept)

Back