Furuno FCV295 Freezes on start up Screen.

AidanK

Hi Guys,
My 295 freezes on start up screen. It will sit on the blue screen for periods of time unless i isolate it and reboot it. Normally takes a random amount of reboots too finally get passed the start up screen. Once i get it past the start up screen everything else seem to be working fine.

Should also mention once its gotten passed the start up screen freeze it will shut down and start back up fine untill i have left it off for a duration of time.

Here is a pic of the start up screen.

IMG-0239.jpg

It could be power related or the performance ground not going to a earth ground. Have you tried to factory clear it when it does boot up?

- Maggy

Reprogramming with current software would be recommended and if still not resolved, I would send it in for repair evaluation.

Reprogramming with current software would be recommended and if still not resolved, I would send it in for repair evaluation.
Hey, AidenK, did you ever get this fixed. I have same issue and getting worse.
Where in Ontario, Canada would i get new software for this?

The software for the FCV295 is not user friendly and it is done by either a dealer or the service center. I would recommend starting with your local authorized dealer to have it evaluated.

The software for the FCV295 is not user friendly and it is done by either a dealer or the service center. I would recommend starting with your local authorized dealer to have it evaluated.
Ok, ya i contacted them and the said bring it in. Trouble is they are 3 hours away. I will still find a way to get it to them cause this is an awesome sounder.

Back