Furuno 1712, wiring.

Hello all,
I have purchased a new to me Furuno 1712 radar. The previous owner has cut the scanner cord. I would like to know how to hook splice it back together. Mainly the video cord( Grey shielding with copper sheathing inside then clear plastic tubing with copper wire inside that.

I have a RSB -0087 scanner. The color wires in the cable are 2 red, 2 black, an orange , a yellow, a grey , a white a green and a larger grey( I described it above I think this is the video wire).

In the scanner there is a 9 pin connector a couple of wires from the cable are doubled up but there is a small 22-24 awg wire that goes nowhere and a small brown wire that looks like it was soldered to the video wire. I am not getting any targets on my monitor.

How do I splice that video cable and which wire from the 9 pin connector in the scanner?
Brown?
What is the blue wire in the scanner?

I realize this is a long post with a lot of questions. Thank you.

Pg S-1 of the 1712 installation manual will show you the wiring by color and pin number. Anytime you have two of one color, they will always be different wire gauges. So you would want to not only match the color but the size. ie. Big gauge Red to Big gauge Red and small gauge Red to small gauge Red. The small video coax line (your radar video) should be soldered to larger gauge wire before putting it into a junction or splicing. The video line has very "Hair" fine wires.

Yes, that is the hair fine wires I was talking about. This is what carries the radar video from the scanner to the display for processing.

Back