Fishhunter drive up and working

we made custom bracket for our rru to fit the steering cylinder. it works perfect
I'm looking at solving this problem in the next week or two. Would you mind sharing details/pictures of the bracketry you made for the smart stick/tournament cylinders?

Sorry for the delay.

This is a typo. It should read "Note: [FishHunterDrive] is not shown UNLESS [Boat Type] is set to [Outboard] or [EVCS-Outboard]."
Those are the only modes that allow the FishHunter Drive option to be shown.

You do not even need the gateway attached to see the option to turn on FishHunter Drive. You only need to proper software versions installed. However, it will produce errors the instant you turn the feature on.

A single "Suzuki 4 Tank Gateway" will support multiple engines.
I hope this thread is still monitored. Was having all knds of problems configuring the Suzuki gateway. Dealer was clueless, even told me it was Auto Configuration. Another dealed with an SMD was not having any luck either, constatnt errors and could not see both engines. After I asked to take a look at the SMD he brought, I turned on the wifi and it immediately asked to update. Once fully uodated with latest Furuno release, the SMD configured the gateway and registered bothe engines. Hope this helps someone. SUZUKI has THE least knowledgable support staff. They wanted me to buy interface cables, call other dealers - everything exept knowing how to solve an issue. I do miss the support at Murcury.

here is a quick picture of what we did on two of our boats.

View attachment 5279
Looks great! I fabbed mine up this past week. My setup will not allow me to mount it underneath the cylinder, so I went with mounting it on top (at the 10:00 position if yours is at the 7:00 position).

I also learned that the reference magnet is just a cheap, weak little ferrite magnet. I went ahead and did some fabrication and made up a couple of my own magnet mounts that fit the tournament series cylinder, with embedded neodymium magnets (MUCH stronger) which should allow for greater separation between the smart stick and the reference magnet.

I'll be testing it out on Monday and will report back, pics to follow. If this works well, I may go ahead and look into getting more of these made up for anyone else out there facing this same dilemma.

I hope this thread is still monitored. Was having all knds of problems configuring the Suzuki gateway. Dealer was clueless, even told me it was Auto Configuration. Another dealed with an SMD was not having any luck either, constatnt errors and could not see both engines. After I asked to take a look at the SMD he brought, I turned on the wifi and it immediately asked to update. Once fully uodated with latest Furuno release, the SMD configured the gateway and registered bothe engines. Hope this helps someone. SUZUKI has THE least knowledgable support staff. They wanted me to buy interface cables, call other dealers - everything exept knowing how to solve an issue. I do miss the support at Murcury.
I will also concur with this. I really like my shop, they do a good job and take care of the customer. However, they are woefully undertrained on this stuff! I've had to point them in the right direction on multiple things, all thanks to this forum. I don't blame them, as they went to a school at Suzuki this past month supposedly to learn how to do this stuff, and didn't get a whole lot out of it.

Suzuki and Furuno really need to start getting on the same page and training their Suzuki techs to make this stuff work properly without beating their heads against the wall or relying on the customer to feed them information painstakingly researched from the internet. I know I am far from the only one who went with that motor/electronics pair SPECIFICALLY to take advantage of the features of the fish-hunter system.

SUZUKI, FURUNO, Get it together! You've got a winner of a product here, get the knowledge out there!

Back