FAR2117 TLL output

fbert

Hello all,

I have been using the FAR2117 BB for quite some time now. Looking at my autopilot manual I realise that I should actually be able to navigate towards a TLL generated by the radar. I have the system set up in such a way that the 'Radar system data' as mentioned on p 5-1 of the FAR-2117 installation manual is (also) output to the autopilot. But how to use this feature remains a mystery to me. My radar is set up as 'C' type, not IMO.
I recently did a long trip and had a lot of time to look at things. It turns out that my 'radar system data' port only sends out RSD and OSD messages and never a single TLL, no matter how many ARP targets are aqcuired manually or automatically. I imagine I must somehow select a target in another way to have the radar send out a TLL sentence - but how?

Hints and tips appreciated!

Hi Fbert,

In order for the FAR2117 to output TLL, you will need to program a function key to do so. Once programmed, TLL will be output after placing the cursor on the main screen then pressing the function key.

To program the function key, press menu, Customize/Test, then select which Function key you want to program, then select Operation, then select TLL.

Also, the radar must have good position and heading data.

Thanks x-band for this information! On my radar I do not find a 'TLL', perhaps it has been renamed from 'MOB' in more recent versions?
Am I correct in assuming that the TLL is then always ground-stabilized and that it cannot be a radar acquired target?

Back