Ethernet cables for new TZT3 install

I am installing a TZT12F with DFF3D, BBDS1, and HUB 101. I need very short network (ethernet) cables (2 to 3 feet long). What is my best option:

1) Use regular ethernet patch cables available in 2 and 3 foot lengths? These cables normally come with plastic ethernet cable connectors.
2) Cut the Furuno ethernet cables that came with the equipment and install new connectors on the ends?

I noticed that the Furuno network cables have metal connectors on the end, I assume to ground the cable shield. Most ethernet cable connectors are plastic not metal. Can I purchase Furuno metal ethernet cable connectors?

Thanks

You can buy shielded Cat 7 high speed cables in just about any length you need. This is one example but there are many others: https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Cable-Shielded-Patch-Cables/dp/B086BYM2WX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3MO6AYKTW4BXU&keywords=cat+7+ethernet+cable+3ft&qid=1686482457&sprefix=cat+7+ether,aps,95&sr=8-2&th=1

I used short cables of this style for our installation and they work just fine. I would not try to cut the connectors and fabricate your own cables because the chance that you do it is as well as a factory made cable is very low. This type of cable is extremely common, just try to ensure you get high quality ones and not the cheapest Chinese copies.

Back