DRS4W SSID question

josburn76

Hello Forum,

Reaching out with a question on the DRS4W wireless radar ( I tried researching the forum before posting this, but didn't see anything similar).

I have an opportunity to get a DRS4W at a good price, however the seller says he's lost the SSID, so he can't give me a live demo. Looking at the instruction manual, it says that the password can be recovered by calling Furuno with the Serial Number.

My question is would the SSID be recoverable with the serial number as well? I'm hoping to be able to get this as it'd be the perfect unit for my sailboat as I have a tiller in the back, so I don't really have an area to mount a display outside and its an older boat, so I'm not looking to spend too much on it and just trying to have something for my family to cross the Catalina channel when fog rolls in.

Thanks in advance!

josburn76

We can get the password for you. We just need the SSID you see in the WiFi connection settings on the iOS device. Call in with that and we will get the PW for you.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I had a follow up question:

The seller is saying that he doesn't know the SSID for the wifi, so he can't get it to broadcast, and it's being a hidden network and he doesn't know why its not broadcasting.

In theory if I download the Furuno app on my IOS device and get the unit to power, will I see the SSID?

Just wanted to try and clarify before I potentially buy it. Thank You.

If the SSID doesn't broadcast something it is broken. You do not need to have the app to see the wifi SSID. I would recommend finding a serviceable working unit to purchase. It sounds like his is not working.

Back