DFF3D PBG Issue

Colin Murphy

Hoping someone has had the same issue I am having with a Boston whaler and a DFF3D sending an alarm of “PBG: missing multibeam depth data”.

The current set up is two TZT16F with a DFF3D, 165T-B54 and SS164 50/200. The DFF3D seems to be working fine and finding bottom but will come up with the alarm. I can be getting it just sitting at the dock or going 5mph. I am using an scx20 for my motion sensor and have put in the offsets but also tried to switch to internal and same issue. I swapped Ethernet cables thinking it could be bad but to no avail.

I can provide photos of transducer when boat comes out of water next but here are some to show what is happening

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 27
I can provide on next trip out. Picture number two is sitting at the dock. I understand it might not work under 20feet but happened at dock when tide went up.

What happened at the dock; the error?

The Occurrence condition that causes the alarm of “PBG:missing multibeam depth data” is below.

This alarm occurs when any one of the following conditions is met.
a) Disconnection with DFF-3D while recording PBG.
b) Disconnection with Position data while recording PBG.
c) Disconnection with Heading data while recording PBG.

Suggested actions.

Check the LAN connections. No cables used in the network should have plastic RJ45s, all should be metal shielded type. All network cables should have shields.
Check the NMEA2000 network and item. Something may have a bad connection and data is dropping off the bus intermittantly.

Yes the error has occurred at the dock and when it first occurred Furuno first suggestion was to change the the lan cable. As you can see from picture number one you can see when the alarm happens the DFF3D is still active on network.

I currently have the NMEA network going through an A2K-SBN-2 I will try and swap it out to see if I have improvement. Thank you for you suggestions. I will report back.

PBG shouldn't be even attempted until in at least 20 feet of water. It sounds like you might be trying to record where it isn't possible.

you know, that would be a great option for PBG, to have an automatic cutoff below 20 feet. similar to the automatic speed cutoff that it already has

Back