Calculating Fuel Range

C

Catmando

I just purchased and am planning the install of a new Furuno package including two TZT2's Nav Pilot, Radar, etc. and am contemplating installing N2K fuel senders as well as J1939 engine gateways. After reading the installation manuals and talking to Support, I was surprised to learn that the TZT2 will only calculate fuel range based off of one fuel tank as opposed to calculating range based on total fuel on-board/multiple tanks (unless I misunderstood the response anyway). So before I head down the path of buying the fuel senders (and possibly the gateways) I thought I would see if Furuno considers this something worthy of a software update and if so, are able to estimate when the software update might be available. It seems to me that this would be fairly useful.

I guess I should also ask if the fuel consumption numbers are based on single engine as well, or are they calculated based on multiple engines?

Reading the manual it appears to consider the tanks that you specify to be used in the calculation.

Fuel.jpg

Just ensure you change the "USED FOR PROPULSION" setting for each tank used to fuel the boat.

Thanks Johnny. I must have misunderstood. So the software essentially totals all the engines on the consumption side and tanks on the supply side while calculating range. Makes sense.

Back